Archive for the ‘Supplies’ Category
What: The 9th Annual
New England Braids 2016
A 3 Day Rug Braiding Event
When: October 14. 15 &16th, 2016
Where: St. Basil’s Center
30 East Street
Methuen, Massachusetts 01844
Who: Carol Broadbent (contact)
38 Dewey St
Rochester NH 03867-1205
If you are receiving this announcement, you are a Rug Braider or have contacted me regarding rug braiding. Below is the Picasa album of the New England Braids 2012
This is the 9th year this event is being held to promote and preserve the art of Rug Braiding. Bringing together those interested in learning to braid, as well as enhancing the knowledge of those already familiar with this historic craft. While still working on a schedule of classes, it is important to issue this announcement in hopes of gathering the minimum of 35 people needed to go forward. Should this not occur your check will be returned in full.
Dorm style accomodations $250 (2 people or more per room)
Single room is $300 -several available on a first come first serve basis.
There are 6 meals included starting with Friday evening and ending with Sunday noon.
Classes are included but materials are extra.
Only people with disabilities will be given 1st floor rooms.
- Please make your check out to : Carol Broadbent
- There is a cancellation fee of *$25, if you cancel after sending in your payment. If you find someone to take your place, you will be reimbursed the $25 after they send in their money.
- Rooms will be assigned when your check is received, starting with the second floor closest to the stairs. I use the “postmark date” on your mailed Registration form for adding you to the Attendees List. Please send your check and Registration Form as soon as possible. Teachers have quotas that they won’t exceed for their classes. I am currently working on Class schedules.
- New this year: Some Classes will be starting on Friday morning at 9 a.m. Please be on time for your classes. Teachers are expected to proceed with their classes and you will miss the beginning if you are late.
- Accommodations are available at St Basils for an extra night of Thursday October 13th and Sunday October 16th for a nominal fee of $25(no meals included till Friday supper).
- Sale of anything used to do “rug braiding” and “rug hooking” this year, including: wool, braid aids, braiding stand and clamps will be offered. More info will be sent prior to the event once you have registered. As space is limited, you must register with me.
- There will be a $30 per space/table charge to sell.
- The 3 day event is offered as a weekend package only.
- I am unable to offer single days or classes due to restrictions by St Basils.
- Please fill out the NE Braids Registration Form below, page 3 and return with your check.
- Please let me know if you would like to be removed from my emails for this event.
- I had 2 emails addresses for some people. Please let me know which is correct.
- Please forward this to anyone you feel would be interested in attending. I’m sure I have omitted some people and I apologize in advance for any oversight.
I will be happy to answer questions from you!
38 Dewey St
Rochester NH 03867-1205
P.S. See below for Registration Form
2016 New England Braids Registration Form:
Please mail the completed form with your check for $250 or $300(single)as soon as possible.
Please add $25 for extra night fee if applicable
Name: __________________________________________Print please
Phone Number: _________________
Current email address: ______________________ @ _______________________
In case of emergency notify: ___________________________
Your signature indicates that you release Carol Broadbent of responsibility for injury or illness that might occur during your stay.
Permission to add your name, address and email to Address list _______ yes_______ no
This list is given only to those that are attending this event.
Staying an extra night: Thursday__________ $25.00 no meals included
Sunday _________ $25.00 no meals included
Room Preference: Single___ex.fee Double_______ Triple_______ Quad_______
Any other pertinent information you wish to add:
Night classes at Pam Rowan at 426 Little River Road, Lebanon, Maine. 207-608-3606.
Night classes, Tuesday nights 6-9, on Feb 2nd, 9th, 16, 23, and 30th.
I am also offering day classes on Tuesday from 2-5 because of the cold and weather at night. Please call or text me if you are coming during the day.
Day classes on Fridays, 11-2, February 2016 are: 5th, 12, 19 and 26.
February Saturday braiding will be on February 13th, 10-4, if the weather cooperates.
March braiding on Tuesday nights are March, 1, 8, 15, 22nd and 29th.
Friday days are on the 4th, 11th, no braiding on the 18th because of the Alfred Braid In, and then we are back braiding on the 25th.
The Saturday braiding in March is the 2nd Sat. on March 12th from 10-4
If you are needing wool please call or email me. I have a lot of new wools in house.
Do you have a stash of wool you would want to put to good use? We have student classes we could use to teach new students how to braid. Please call or write to Pam Rowan, 207-608-3606 or email@example.com
Do you belong to a Guild or a group that is looking for something different to learn? How about learning how to braid in a day how to rug braid a small 8-9″ round Matt. Tools can be borrowed so to keep costs down. Call Pam Rowan or email, 207-608-3606, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rug Braiding with Pam Rowan on Saturday, March 7th, 2015, 9-4, at Noble High School.Come and braid for the day with others who will be sharing their work for viewing.Cost is $15.00 for the day. Bring a project you have been working on or learn to braida small matt. Cost for the wool will be $20.00.You will learn to prepare your wool, start and end your braided matt. Cost for theproject includes the wool, tools can be borrowed from Pam Rowan or they can bebought. Contact Pam Rowan for cost of the other supplies.Bring a lunch and spend the day. Contact Pam Rowan at 207-608-3606
Braid a Rug and All tangled up with Mary are joining Village Quilt Shop on Tues. Sept. 6th, 2011. We are very excited about joining up with Village Quilt Shop on 14 Wilson Street, Berwick, Maine 03901
Store hours, Tues 2-6, Wed-Friday 10-5:30, Sat. 10-5, Sunday 11-2
We will have Quilting, Braiding (lots of wool and supplies, and classes), Knitting and lots of supplies and classes
We advertise monthly for specials in the Sentinel.
Check my calendar for classes.
You can call me at 207-608-3606
or write me at email@example.com